Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ice cream post

As I promised here is a post about an all time favorite ice cream treat, the Nestle Drumstick.  I remember walking down to Barney's back in the day on a hot summer afternoon to either get a slush, ice cream sandwich or drumstick.  I usually got a drumstick and I usually got the caramel flavor because that was my favorite.  The other day I was watching TV and caught an ad for these new Mini Drumsticks.  I was out driving around on my day off on Tuesday and it was hot out and I kept wanting to stop for ice cream and eventually I did at Safeway.  You see where this is going.


In the box you get two flavors and I got cookie dough and vanilla caramel, but you can also get chocolate and fudge brownie.  The big hook is that they are mini snack sized versions of regular drumsticks.  They taste the same, but if I was going to eat one I'd rather eat a regular sized drumstick because there is more of it.  You could eat two small ones, but then you'd look like a slob.

It's so tiny!

Okay, it's not that tiny, but what's the point of just making it smaller?   They do this with a lot of other things like ice creams bars and cookies.  I think they should be going in the opposite direction and making them bigger!   How about making an ice cream sandwich with three layers?  Or an Oreo the size of a small plate?  These little snack sized treats seem more like kid food then stuff for adults.  When I was a kid I didn't eat a mini sized drumstick, I just ate the regular one like a real man!  I think kid's would rather be eating more ice cream anyway.

MY DRUMSTICK!

No comments: