Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

That is, happy 50th anniversary Giant Tiger!  It's hard to believe that 50 years have passed already!

We have two Giant Tiger locations here in Calgary, one on Elbow Drive SW and one on 17th Ave SE aka International Ave.  Since 17th Ave SE is the ghetto I went to the one on Elbow Drive.  I was trying to track down something for a blog post, but unfortunately didn't find what I was looking for.  I did pick a good day to go though because they were celebrating 50 years of awesome by giving out free Giant Tiger swag. 

A reusable bag that I probably won't even use let alone reuse, but it was FREE!

 Okay, I can use this frisbee because I don't want to wreck or lose my good frisbee.  Yes, I have a GOOD frisbee.

 A notepad that just isn't an ordinary notepad!  The backside is magnetic, so I can stick it on my fridge...soon as I make some room for it.

Since they were giving me free stuff I felt a bit obligated to buy something, so I bought a $2 t-shirt and some discounted Easter candy.  Just to let you know that Giant Tiger in Calgary still attracts all the weirdos, skids and spazzes that the Giant Tiger in Cranbrook gets.   If your a normie or a spazz you still love free stuff and I love my free Giant Tiger swag.  I love it so much I will throw in the corner where it can collect dust until I move.

No comments: