Sunday, May 29, 2011

Flee Market

Due to a new work schedule (more on that in another post) I will be getting the next few weekends off.  I never get Sundays off unless I specifically ask for them off.  So today both Cody and I had the day off, so we went down to check out the Sunnyside flea market. 

On Saturday Cody was watching Canadian Pickers, the Canadian rip off to American Pickers, and as were pulling in to the flea market I was making a CP joke.  I was saying we should've brought a video camera and filmed a Canadian/American Pickers spoof.  Like just buy the biggest piece of crap we could find and say "Picked $25" and "Valued $0".  Then thing was as we were walking around inside we actually saw one of the Canadian Pickers guys!  Scott Cozens, the guy with hair, is from Calgary, but you'd think he'd know better than to hang around the Sunnyside flea market.

There are times when I've been to Sunnyside flea market and they've had tons of cool stuff, now it's getting sad.  You're lucky to find one table with some interesting stuff on it.  They should start screening the vendors, so only good stuff goes out.  Some people had tables that should've been thrown in the dumpster.  I know the saying "One person's trash is another person's treasure", but some stuff people had was just straight up trash.    Neither of us got anything and it was waste of time even leaving the house.  Next time I should go to Crossroads Market, I haven't been there for years.

No comments: