Friday, April 22, 2011

Milestone

Made it to Cranbrook yesterday with almost no incidents.  The first that happened is that my odometer hit 150,000 kms on the way home.  It happened just after Nanton.


The picture isn't the best, but I'm surprised it turned out as good as it did because I was trying to drive at the time as well take the picture and I couldn't actually see what the odometer was because the camera was in the way.  Good thing it worked though because it's like I was going to get another chance.

Second thing, as I was leaving Fernie I noticed this Buick pulling up behind and the driver had his arm out the window with his hand resting on the roof.  I was thinking it not quite that warm to be doing that, but whatever.  I checked my mirror and the guy raised his hand like he was waving or something then he had his windshield wiper blades going.  I was thinking, "Is he trying to get my attention or something?"  I just kept going and then saw him waving again.  What the hell?!  Who is this weirdo?  This kept going until the ski hill turn off, but he kept following me until he turned off at the turn down to the US border.  I watched it and it looked he turned and turned again like he was turning around to go back to Fernie.  What?  I wasn't sure if he was trying to get my attention because if he was he wasn't trying very hard, but why drive out there and then turn around and go back to Fernie?  Weird.

So I made it back to Cranbrook and well it is still there.  The dirty fair is in town and setting up beside the Rec Plex.


I was never really into going to those things even as a kid.  I went with my parents and grandparents a few times, but even back I knew they were kind of sketchy.  I don't think I went back to one since I was 12.

I woke up this morning to find it snowed!  All I brought home was a hoodie because I thought that winter was finally finished.  My dad was going to take my winter tires off, but I maybe should wait until next time I'm back.

No comments: