Thursday, February 3, 2011

Back to the Future

I got a Best Buy gift card for Christmas and finally got around to using it last week when I picked up Borderlands(Game of the Year Edition) and Futurama Vol. 5 on Blu-Ray.  After originally getting canceled by FOX, the DVD sets sold well, so it came back as four direct to video movies.  The movies did well and the series was thankfully renewed by Comedy Central.  I don't think it aired on any of the crummy TV channels I get, so I'm stoked it's finally out on DVD.

I have all the movies and while they are okay, they aren't as good as the TV series.  Maybe they tried to do too much in a 90 minute movie instead of the usual half hour format.  Don't worry though because even though it's been off the air for a while, it's still as good as ever.  Futurama I have missed you! 

I bought the Blu-Ray, but the DVD has all the exact same content, but not at 1080P and and only half the price.  Unfortunately, it's titled Volume 5 and not season 5.  That means it's not a full season and only has the first 13 episodes of the new season.  All the episodes are great except for the Christmas episode which I thought was pretty weak sauce.   Even though I just finished watching all the episodes I plan to go through them again in a couple weeks.

WATCH IT OR ELSE!

No comments: