Friday, January 21, 2011

I gots mad money yo!

They paid out my holiday pay last payday, so I had a couple extra thousand dollars just sitting in my bank account.   This afternoon I went to Phoenix to see what I could I waste my money on.  All statues were 40% off and I wanted to get a Spider-Man one, but they didn't have any I liked.  They only had one.  But that didn't mean I didn't find anything!


A vintage 12" 1979 Kenner Han Solo figure!  Somebody must have sold them a collection because they also had Luke, Leia, Chewie, R2-D2, a Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Boba Fett and a Jawa.  I had it narrowed down to Han, Vader or the Stormtrooper, but in the end went with Han because he was in the best shape.  The Vader had loose limbs which sucked, but he did have his lightsaber, and in fact it looked like all the figures had their accessories.  I would've gotten Boba Fett, but he cost $178.  Yes, I had a bunch of extra money, but that is still too much to pay.  Maybe if he's still there next week...

I ended up paying $55 for Han, but as I said he's in pretty good shape.  The clothes look REALLY good, maybe too good.  He does have some wear on his head where the paint is rubbing off.  He has his blaster, but I think it's too heavy and/or he needs a new belt because he's suffering from a wardrobe malfunction.  Anyway, I think I just found my new profile picture.


JUST SAY NO TO CRACK!

No comments: