Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Monday everbody!  Monday is technically the holiday, but most normal people had their Thanksgiving dinner Sunday night.  Since I haven't been home for a Thanksgiving dinner in probably 7 or 8 years I "try" to have something turkey related on Thanksgiving like canned turkey, a Swanson Hungryman turkey dinner or last year when I actually cooked a turkey.   The turkey I did last year was good, but it was too much for just me to eat.  I paid $40 and ended up throwing a bunch out, so I decided to scale back this year.


A footlong turkey sub on whole wheat from Subway that I got toasted so it would be warm.   After eating it I re-named the holiday to No-Thanksgiving because it was awful.  I've never eaten anything so nasty from Subway in my life, but I guess that's what I get from changing from the usual, the Spicy Italian.


Oh, but I'm not done yet!  I made a packet of Stove Top and that thing in the bowl is a stick of turkey pepperoni.  Gotta keep on rolling with the turkey theme.  Stove Top is pretty good and so easy to make even I can't screw it up.


I like pumpkin pie, but decided to do something different when I bought these pumpkin donuts from Co-op.  Unfortunately, the sounded a lot better then they tasted because they have got to be the most blandest donuts I've ever eaten and they didn't really taste like pumpkin.  I know there is some powered sugar on the outside, but there is no sugar on the inside, it's like eaten a piece of bread.  Maybe if they had been glazed they would've been a little better.  Another disappointing Thanksgiving.

I worked the Sunday and got Monday off and spent it playing Pokemon and watching movies like Punisher: War Zone, The Tournament and Rage and Honor.  I'm still going through that pile of movies on the living room floor.  See ya next year!

No comments: