Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stuff I done.

Wednesday was another one of my day's off and I thought maybe I should go do some stuff.   "Doing stuff" usually means buying things I don't need and that is exactly what I did, but to mix it up a bit I did buy some one thing I did need.

First thing I did when I got up was go downstairs and get a package out of the mailbox.  This goes back to the whole I buy things online when I'm bored.   It turned out to be a Pokemon t-shirt I bought from a guy who bought it first from Kohl's.  The tag was still on the shirt.  A single t-shirt doesn't take up much space, but it was packed in this big envelope.  When I turned it over that was a Pikachu drawn on the back of the envelope that looks funny.


Package my poster poorly (alliteration?) so it gets damaged in the mail is a no-no, but drawing a funny looking Pikachu on the package is going to earn you some seriously positive feedback.  Too bad the collar on the t-shirt looks tight like it might choke me.

Lately, I've been coughing and phelmy and I thought maybe it's just a residue of my cold.  It seems to be worse when I'm at home and I realized the furnace filter hadn't been changed in a while.  Since we recently just the furnace back on it was probably putting out toxic spores into the air and now I have lung cancer or something.  I went to Wal-Mart and bought a new furnace filter and got the best one they had.  I also picked up The Final Destination and the new Scooby-Doo animated movie on DVD.

After getting that stuff I headed to the food court to get some lunch and ate at Thai Express which has recently become my favorite food court eatery.  They do stir fry's with rice or noodles and you can pick from red, green or yellow curry.  They also do Thai soups, but I don't like soups.  I don't remember what exactly I ordered the first time I ate there, but I was standing in front of the counter watching and waiting while the guy cooked it.  He threw some stuff in a giant wok and flames literally shot up into the air like three feet.  I was like "WHOA!" and could feel the heat coming off the flames so took a step back just in case.  It tastes pretty good for food court food, so if you see one of these go check it out.  After Thai Express I bought a bag of popcorn from Kernels so I would have something to snack on while I watched my Scooby movie.

I wasn't done yet and stopped by Blockbuster on 17th Ave and 35th St which is a mess; the road, not the Blockbuster.  The had some cheap deals on previously viewed/played stuff.  Some Blu Rays were 2 for $9.98 and DVDs for 2 for $6.98.  I was totally cheesed because I had been looking for a copy of Snowball Express for the longest time and ended up buying one on eBay and then they had one right there in the 2 for $6.98 section.  Dammit!  Anyway, regular PV stuff was all 30% off and I got the new Terminator and The King of Fighters movies on Blu-Ray.   They had some games that were just as cheap too.  I got Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash Up for the Wii and it was $4.99.  It's basically a Super Smash Bros clone that got mediocre reviews, but for $4.99 why not.  I also got The Bourne Supremacy for the 360 again for $4.99.  It's a third person action shooter.  The fighting is actually kinda cool yet frustrating, but when you do cool stuff like smash dudes faces into jukeboxes or tables it's satisfying.   The camera could be better, but a lot of those type of games seem to suffer the same problem.  I've played the first three levels and so far it's well worth the $4.99.

Soon as I got home I changed out the furnace filter.  When I said before that the filter hadn't been changed in a while I meant it's never been changed since we moved in over two years.  The filter that was in there was one of the cheap filters and my god was it filthy.  There was crap caked right on it.  As a public service announcement I'm reminding you to change your furnace filters at least every three months and if you continuously run your furnace or A/C then sooner.

GROSS!

After that I popped Scooby Doo! Camp Scare into the DVD player.  The gang heads to Camp Little Moose to be camp counselors.   Things turn spooky when if a ghost story is told the ghost comes to life!   Back in 1998 when WB started with the whole straight to video Scooby movies they did so with Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island and took it up a notch by having the zombies and monsters be real, no dudes in masks.  It was awesome and my favorite of the Scooby movies.  Since then the gang has traveled all over the world running into monsters and ghosts, some real and some fake.  Camp Scare sticks to the classic Scooby formula of monsters trying to scare people away and Mystery Incorporated has to find out why.   It doesn't top Zombie Island, but I still liked it.  Matthew Lillard is the new voice of Shaggy in the movie and the new cartoon series.  Frank Welker is still Freddy and Scooby and Mark Hamill even shows up to voice a couple characters.

Another reason I bought this is that one of the extras is the first episode of the new series titled Scooby-Doo, Mystery Inc.  It's a different take on Scooby-Doo which is set in Crystal Cove, the most haunted place on Earth.  The gang are still in high school and introduces the whole "teen love" thing.  Daphne has a crush on Fred and Velma has a crush on Shaggy.  What? !  Daphne and Fred that is fine, but Velma and Shaggy would never happen.  There were funny lines in the first episode and the art style is different which I like, but I don't know about this whole "romance" stuff.  Though it's funny when Daphne is into Fred, but all he cares about are building traps and catching monsters.  It airs on TeleToon Thursdays at 6pm ET/PT.  It's already started airing, so I wanted to watch the first episode so I wouldn't be all lost and confused.

After that was when I played The Bourne Conspiracy and then Cody came home and told me his parents were coming over.  We went out to dinner and Cody drove all the way over the Keg on 16th Ave NW, but it was packed so he drove all the back to our place where we ate at Montanas.  Then I wrote this.  The end.

No comments: