Saturday, September 4, 2010

Inked 4 Lyfe

Today I figured I'd better go to Comic-Kazi because I haven't been there for like a month.  I've lost a bit of faith in those guys, but continue to keep a file there because I've had a file there ever since I moved to Calgary and because I get 10% off.   I get most of my comics from Phoenix, but I'm even starting to slack off on that.  I think I'm getting burnt out on the whole comic book thing except for a few titles.  Anyway, back to the story...

I was paying for my comics and noticed these two little bundles on the counter and picked one to have a look.  They were exactly what I thought they were, Piranha 3D temporary tattoos.  Avery likes tattoos, so I took two to give to him.  The girl told me to take more if I wanted so I took a few more, like 16 more.


I told her they were for my nephew because he likes tattoos.  She told me they also had some bookmarks and I said no thanks, he's only three and can't read anyway and she laughed.  I'm giving him the tattoos, it's not like I'm going to take him to the movie or anything.

Once I got home I decided maybe I got a bit greedy and took too many tattoos.  It was my day off and I was bored, so I thought I give one a try.  I haven't put on a temporary tattoo in a helluva long time.  I think the last time was when I bought a five cent Spider-Man gum from Barney's because back then you got a piece of crappy gum with a Spider-Man tattoo.  I tried putting the tattoo on my arm, but it was too hairy, so only half of it stuck on and it looked stupid.  I was mad I wasted my five cents!  This time around I had to make sure I applied somewhere that didn't have a lot of hair.  When you get older you lose hair in some areas, while you gain hair in other areas, so my back was definitely out of the question.  For some odd reason the sides of my lower legs above my ankles are balding, but only chicks get butterfly tattoos down there, so I couldn't do that either.   My upper arm didn't have any major hair on it, so I decided to put it on there.  It will also look cool when I walk around with my sleeveless shirts.


Inked!  Yeah, now I'm a total bad ass and I know that Piranha 3D tattoo says "Piranha 3D", but what it really says is "Watch the fuck out or you'll get wrecked!"   If I can't fit in with the tough crowd, I can always try being some tattooed hipster.  What am I talking about?  I'm not tough and I can't stand hipsters!  I'm beginning to wish I had grabbed some bookmarks instead.

No comments: