Thursday, August 5, 2010

My phone can kick your phone's ass!

I was in Chinatown picking up some bootleg movies because you can't actually find legitimate DVDs in Chinatown anymore.  I can't help buying bootleg movies, it's my only choice!  Anyway, I stopped by the toy store in the other crappy mall and bought a couple toys.  I got Logan a Japanese Pikachu toy made by Tomy.  I got myself a Ketai Sosakan 7 toy by Bandai Japan.  Ketai Sosakan 7 is a Japanese TV show with cell phones that transform in robots and with their human counterparts they fight cyber criminals.  I'm pretty sure that what's it about, but I've never actually watched it.  I just stole that from the wiki page, but TV Nihon does have it to download.

 I got this dude just because he looks bad ass.  His name is Roku and he is Phone Braver 6.  

Japan has toys for everything from movies and TV shows to food.  Model sushi toys?  Most of the ones I've always bought are pretty much assembled already.  Some times you have to just have to snap a couple parts in place and that is it, and that is what I expected for my phone.  I was wrong.

Assembly required!!

The instructions were printed on the inside of the box.

Okay, I figured it is a kid's toy, so how hard could it be.  I just looks harder when it's all in pieces.

FOUR DAYS LATER...


Yes, I did it!  That doesn't look very exciting because he's in phone mode.  I did finish it, but it doesn't mean I didn't have any trouble.  I snapped one of the shoulder joints in backwards and that damn thing wouldn't come off.  I bent part of the hinge when I forced it out...OH NO!  I put it back in the right way it all works fine, so it's mostly all good.

There he is in ass kicking phone mode.

When you finish putting together your phone braver you can enjoy a well earned treat included in the box, a single tablet of gum.

It is fruity flavored if makes a difference.

The store also had different phone bravers as well as a couple boost phones which are like accessories that attach to the phone bravers.  That is too much putting crap together though.  I'm tired.

1 comment:

Cam said...

Holy hell, I can't believe you put that thing together! With that many pieces, it's gotta be an actual functioning cellphone, right?