Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Blast from the past

Last time I was back in Cranbrook I wrote about finding some old high school things in one of my many boxes of stuff still in my parent's basement.  I mentioned I had found some old "comics" I had did called "Calculus Cutups".   On my most recent trip back to Cranbrook I found these again with the hopes of putting them on my blog for everyone to see.

Unfortunately, "Calculus Cutups" aren't as nearly as good as I remember, in fact they are pretty awful.  If you were caught with these in school today you would be expelled and forced into counseling.  Luckily, I turned (sort of) normal and haven't done anything criminal yet.  Despite "Calculus Cutups" being lame, you get to see it anyway.  I was going to scan it, but then got lazy, so I just took a picture, so the quality isn't that good.  If the demand is there I will scan the remaining four strips, so you can enjoy them in high res.


click to embiggen

2 comments:

Cam said...

I would like to subscribe to Calculus Cutups. You should scan the classic CC's (that's short for Calculus Cutups) and then also create new ones. Keep them set in the early 90's because that'll be the retro-cool time period soon, if it's not already.

Possible topics: Mr Stevely, mountain biking, Camaros, Kurt Cobain, The Cranbrook 'The Dirt Mall' Mall, Barney's.

Keef said...

I just wrote a Kurt Cobain comic in my mind. It is soon to be a classic. All I need now is some lined paper, a pencil, blue pen, black pen, red pen, 10 erasers and some talent!