Saturday, June 12, 2010

I love it when a plan comes together??

As I said me and Cody went and watched the first showing of The A-Team on Friday.  Westhills is open for matinees on Friday, so we went there because it's right by our place.  Unfortunately, they still hadn't brought back the nacho combo, so I was forced to buy nachos, a regular drink and M&Ms all separately which came out to over $15!  Luckily I had my Scene card which gives me 10% off concession items.  Before they would dispense the cheese and salsa directly into the tray, but now it comes pre-packaged in these little containers with "little" being the key word here.  Just after halfway through the nachos I was out of condiments.

Once in the newly renovated theater we got watch the "pre-show" before the movie.  The "pre-show" is just a bunch of commercials followed by a couple trailers.  First up was Scott Pilgrim Vs The World #2 trailer which looked even better on the big screen.  Then they showed a teaser for The Expendables which sucked because it's only a teaser.  The full trailer is out, so why not show it so we can see some footage instead of a teaser which shows a lot of nothing.  Then we saw the trailer for Robert Rodriguez's Predators.  The original Predator had Arnold, Carl Weathers and Jesse Ventura and a boat of other muscle bound heroes, but Predators is full of skinny wimpy girly men.  Adrien Brody and Topher Grace don't really come across as the hard ass kicking types. 

Also, I watched the movie!  It wasn't bad and probably the best of the TV show to movie conversions to date.  It's not exactly the same, but Hannibal still smokes cigars, BA still has a mohawk, Murdock is still crazy and Face still loves the ladies.  It has all the action it should have, but also has the comedy which the TV show also had a lot of.  Some of the action is pretty much ruined by some horrible camera work and editing.  During BA's intro he fights some guys and I couldn't even tell what was happening due to the bad angles, fast editing and moving blurry camera. 
Dear Hollywood, this is not technique or even style, it's just plain lazy stupid film making.  When I pay for a movie ticket to an action movie (or any movie) I like to actually see the action on screen and not some blurry mess.  Try using some of those 80 million dollar budgets to buy some tripods and set the camera up and leave it there.
Thank you.
Other than that I liked it and it sets up a sequel, and if it does I will go see that too.

No comments: