Tuesday, June 8, 2010

BRUCEPLOITATION Fights Back From the Grave!

Previously I had written about the sad state of my BRUCEPLOITATION fan site and that after nearly 9 years on the interwebs it was officially shut down.  I'd still like to get the website put back up, but in the mean time I've just started a BRUCEPLOITATION blog for anything I come across.  It's still pretty new, but I've already posted two movie reviews and a DVD review.  I've got a few movies to watch, DVD reviews to write and some other stuff like comic book reviews and a toy review.  I've got lots of stuff to write about, but the hardest part is actually writing it.

A little incentive is that recently, British good-guy, Carl Jones, has written a book about the Bruceploitation genre titled HERE COME THE "KUNG FU CLONES".  Carl was nice enough to send me a free copy which I will write about on my BRUCEPLOITATION blog once I get a chance to fully read it.  I've already looked at all the pictures.  The book looks great with a sweet cover by Jeffrey Bona of Cityonfire.com fame.  Soon as I got the book I flipped through it and went straight to the "ACKNOWLEDGMENTS" section and spotted my name, I was third on his list of acknowledgments.   My name made it into print therefore this is my most favoritest book EVER!  I will read it though.

Keith Dixon: a Canadian good-guy who hosted his own Bruceploitation website at the now sadly closed http://www.geocities.com/many_bruces) featuring some of the work in this book.  Thanks Keith.
I'm pretty sure writing a book is pretty hard and if Carl can do this by himself then if I really try I can probably get BRUCEPLOITATION back on the internet.  It's easier than writing a book, so I choose that instead.

2 comments:

mike said...

I knew you before you were famous!

Keef said...

Don't worry Mike, when you buy the book I will waive my usual autograph fee because we go way back. I do remember the little people.