Sunday, May 9, 2010

Now Playing

The one thing I liked about my old blog at MySpace was that at the end of a post you could let people know what you were currently watching, listening to, playing or reading.  So in an effort to show you guys how extremely cool and hip I am, here is what I'm currently enjoying.

Watching

Marked For Death, Hard to Kill, Above the Law and The Glimmer Man - I've been a Steven Seagal kick lately, but only his early stuff.  I'm still looking for Out for Justice.  I was disappointed that in The Glimmer Man he didn't break anybody's limbs.

Merantau Warrior - A martial arts movie from Indonesia featuring their native martial art, Silat.  Never heard of or seen Silat before.  At first it looks a bit odd, but the first start off slow and get bigger and badder as the movie goes on.  The fight inside an elevator is pretty good.

High School High - Caught this on Encore as I haven't seen it in a very long time, still classic stuff.   I love Jon Lovitz's reaction shots and double takes.

Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie - Saw this on Family Channel and I've probably said too much already.

Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Legends - The most recent film in the Ultraman series which we get to see the home of the Ultramen, the Land of Light and meet the newest ultra hero, Ultraman Zero.  Since the movie takes place almost entirely in space or on alien planets there was a lot of green screen and CGI that comes off as good, okay, and cheesy.   It's pretty much non-stop super hero fights and giant monster madness, so therefore it is AWESOME.

Listening to
Runaways Soundtrack - Featuring songs from the era, classic Runaways tracks as well as newly recorded Runaways songs with Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart on vocals.  What?!  I was expecting them to suck, but it wasn't half bad.  I wasn't too crazy about Fanning's delivery of a couple lines on Cherry Bomb though.  Haven't seen the movie.

Dropkick Murphys: Live at Lansdowne - Live album taken from the 2009 set of live shows at St. Patricks Day.  Mine is autographed making it cooler than yours.

Ducky Boys: Three Chords and the Truth - More punk rawk out of Boston but without the Irishness.

GBH: Perfume and Piss - Old school (like 30+ years old) UK punk band back with a new album that is surprisingly good.

Playing
Red Steel 2 - A lot of people are calling it the sword fighting game that we've been waiting for on the Wii.  It uses the Wii Motion+ to an almost accurate 1:1 ratio of your movements.  The start of the games tells you to have the Wiimote in your right hand and hold it firmly like a sword.  What if you are like me and left handed?  I hold it in my left hand anyway, but they still should've had an option to set it to left or right handed controls.  Playing the game does require a lot of work because you actually have to swing your arm around because fast, wide swings do more damage than sissy flicks of your wrist.  Too much work.

Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing - This DLC see the survivors from L4D2 meet up with the survivors from the first game.  During the campaign you get to go into the sewers and there is a poo joke.  I was not disappointed.  There is a new uncommon common infected and new weapons like the M60 and golf club.  They also introduced Mutations which are tweaks to already existing gameplay modes, both campaign and multi-player.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Somehow I've already logged 48 hours of BC2 multi-player.  Cody actually went out and bought a second copy of the game and wireless doohickey for the spare XBox, so we can play together.  I'm on the TV downstairs, he is upstairs on the TV in his room and we are tearing it up online.  Okay, we used to lose a lot, but lately we've been winning the majority of the matches we play.  We mostly play Rush and Cody usually gets lots of points because he'll play as a Medic and then toss out lots of med kits and revive me when I get killed.   I hate snipers.

Reading
Not much actually.  I've got a pile of comics books that I even too lazy to read.

No comments: