Monday, April 19, 2010

Chocolate milk!

One of the good things about living in Calgary is that I can miss someone's birthday and it's not a big deal because I wasn't "there".  Last weekend was Avery's birthday and since my dad is coming to Calgary in a few weeks I figured I'd better start looking for something for him to send back.  I went to Toys R Us, but didn't really see anything exciting.  I was looking for something he could use outside, but he already has a bike and my parents got him a scooter, so I'm running out of ideas.  Lawn darts?

I went up Bow Trail because there is an educational toy store up there I thought I'd have a look in.  They didn't have that much that looked interesting except maybe some marshmallow guns.  As I was leaving I spotted something that any kid or adult would love to have.  It's not really a toy, but you can still enjoy it.



A cup that mixes your chocolate milk for you and moos at the same time?  Sold!  It's a pretty neat idea, but I think I'll just give it to my sister for both Logan and Avery.   Kids love chocolate milk (or anything chocolate) and that fact that the cup moos is fun.  The Talking Moo Mixer features the mix, moo, and drink from the same cup convenience.  It runs on two AA batteries and has a nylon mixer that is safe for little hands.


 They also had a Supreme Moo Mixer which is a bigger cup, but lacks the "mooing" action.  I can live without the moo sound and like that fact that it's a big 10 oz cup, so consider it sold!  I'll save lots of money now that I can mix my own chocolate milk instead of buying the pre-mixed stuff at the grocery store.  Homemade chocolate is also such a hassle when you have to mix it yourself with a spoon. 


Ingredients assemble!

Adding the Quik.  Strawberry Quik can also be used.

The chocolaty vortex of awesomeness!


The more you mix it the more foamy it gets.

When you add the milk you can't add too much or when you mix it, the milk will rise up over the edge of the cup.  Good thing it comes with a sip top lid, to prevent that.  But half the fun is watching the milk spin around!

The cup and base that hold the batteries could have attached better and the handle and wrap around B&W cow pattern are a cheaper plastic, but it does what it says it does and it does it pretty good.  I'm pretty happy with it.  While the box states it has a detachable base for easy cleaning, wouldn't it just be easier to mix some soap and water right in the cup to clean it?  I'm so smart...and lazy.  Finally, technology has brought chocolate milk into the modern age!

No comments: