Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Oh yeah, I'm back.

I got back to Calgary on Monday afternoon. When I came down I went through Hwy 22, so on the way back I went the north way through the park to mix things up. The road was pretty quiet, so it was mellow drive.

Cranbrook was Cranbrook. Lots of people driving around in rascals for some reason. I was going by 9th ave and some old lady was driving down the road on a rascal and then I went over to 10th ave and there was an old guy driving his rascal down the road. Then the next day I saw this old guy driving his rascal with a trailer on it and four huge garbage bags of pop bottles strapped to it. I guess with high prices and the fact you don't need a driver's license to drive one, rascals are the hot new ride. I'm thinking about getting one so I can drive myself from the couch to the kitchen and back again.

Other Cranbrook news is the new "Cranbrook" sign the arches over the road leading into downtown is now up. Although if you are sitting on the other side of the tracks by Liquidation World then you can only see part of the sign because the traffic lights block it. Good job Cranbrook! Cranbrook is also getting a Little Caesars! It is in that mini mall just down from Laurie school that had the Video Update and Mac's in it. FYI, the Mac's is gone replaced some none franchised convenience store. Anyway, LC isn't open yet, but the signs are up, so it should be open soon. I look forward to getting a $5 medium pepperoni next time I am back.

Here is my new fancy mug. I saw this at the Hospital Aux with Willie, but at the time I didn't get it. I ended up going back to buy it because it was calling my name.

Nuts.

2 comments:

mike said...

pinecones actually.

and is the LC going to replace the sugarshack? because that mini mall is where its latest re-incarnation is..

Keef said...

No, LC is down on the end where Subway was. That doesn't mean the Sugar Shack is there or not, but I really didn't bother to look.