Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sold out!

Has anyone seen Avatar yet? Cody wanted to go see it and since we both had Saturday off, we planned to go see it then. Cody was wondering about going on Friday night and getting our tickets for the 11:45am showing at the IMAX. The movie has already been out for weeks, so how busy could it be? I thought we would be fine. We got there on Saturday to find out not only the 11:45am IMAX showing had been sold out, but all IMAX showing for Saturday and until 10:45pm Sunday night. Don't worry the regular showings had seats available. The regular seats are for chumps, IMAX 3D is where it's at yo. Cody says he gets next Wednesday off, so he is going to try and get our tickets for Saturday then. This is like too much work.

Not only were we denied the movie, but more importantly nachos! I guess I still could've gotten the nachos, but then I didn't want to walk through the mall carrying movie nachos. People would be like, "How was the movie?" and I'd reply, "Movie??" I just went home and made my own nachos. It's incredibly easy for normal regular people, but for me it is considered work and pain. I just stuck with the regular nachos, cheese (pre-grated!), jalapenos, and salsa. I took it a step further and added ground beef and that's where the "work" came in. I saw "work" because it required me to cook it first. Anyway, it wasn't too bad and so far I have suffered no ill effects.

In other 3D related movie news I bought The Final Destination on Blu Ray. I really didn't care a whole a lot about the movie, but I just wanted to see it because it was in 3D. I'm a sucker for gimmicks. Cody says the movie wasn't as bad as he was expecting and from coming Cody James that is some high praise indeed. They kept the running time short at 80 something minutes, so something was always happening and there were no dull spots. The whole franchise is built on highly elaborate death sequences and I was kinda disappointed by the lack of originality and fun in them. Still you got to see them in 3D which is cool. The 3D is in the classic red/blue anaglyph format which did a fairly decent job. Although I enjoyed the movie, kills, and 3D of My Bloody Valentine much more.

No comments: