Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Free stuff cont.

I know you guys all got the free Olympic t-shirt from Cheerios and now in other cereal related freebies it's time to get some free Kashi. Normally my idea of healthy eating is getting whole wheat bread instead of white bread, but when Kashi is giving away free cereal I'll be takin' some.

This morning I was watching TV and saw a Kashi ad which said if you went to Kashi.ca you could get a free box of cereal for free. It was my day off and I didn't have anything to do, so I immediately ran to the computer to get my free box. First of all, you don't an entire box for free, just a little single serving box. But if you fill out the free cereal thing everyday then you'd have quite a bit. You can choose from two different cereals, toasted berry crisp and honey almond flax flavour.

I went with the toasted berry crisp just because it just sounded a lot better. Berries are good, bears eat them. Honey almond flax flavor just sounds so bland and it'll probably take half and hour to eat the bowl too. For some reason I imagine a lot of chewing is required for Kashi no matter what the flavor. Granola and fibre! Why didn't they just call it "honey almond flax" instead of honey almond flax flavour, like it's not really honey almond flax, but honey almond flax flavoured. Like at Halloween the cheap people who can't afford to give out real little chocolate bars, so they buy the cheap crap ones which are "chocolate flavoured".

If you want to get your free box or boxes of Kashi you'd better hurry because there are only 200,00 samples available and the cut off date is February 14, 2010. Valentine's Day?? I also predict the toasted berry crisp will the first to run out, so if you don't want honey almond flax "flavour" you'd better hurry.

3 comments:

mike said...

You should get your free box, then eat it down to the last bit, and then put a mouse in there and get another free one... diabolical huh?
Or sign up as Cody and get two in one day..

why don't good flavors do this?

Keef said...

I could do the mouse in the cereal gag and then get a job working in the Kashi factory inspecting cereal boxes for mice and then stumble across the plans of the evil Cerealmeister and foreman and end up foiling there plans. Hmmm, that sounds familiar?

Cody actually buys Kashi cereal once in a while. He pays for it like a sucker!

mike said...

but then you would get turned into a hockey soldier, or stuck in the cereal vat.. plus there is a dog.. I always felt they took the easy way with that..