Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter?

"Cold enough for you?" When people ask you that don't you just wanna punch them in the face? Now that winter has officially arrived you'll be hearing a lot. According to the weather channel the weather sucks right across the country. We had a winter storm warning here in Alberta (almost the whole province!) for Friday. That sucked because Friday and Saturday were my days off. So much for going out and doing stuff.

Thursday night me and Cody hit up Cash Converters to stock up on cheap games, movies, and music. I got some cheap crappy XBox games as well at Nightmare on Elm Street 2 and Disorderlies starring the Fat Boys. I also finally got Seven More Minutes by the Rentals and it was still sealed! After getting the stuff and some groceries I was set and didn't have to leave the house until Sunday when I worked next. Later I realized I didn't have any blood glucose test strips so I still ended up having to go out on Friday. I basically got up at 9am and got dressed, went out and got my stuff and came home and when straight to the TV. At 9am it had already started to snow and was coming down pretty good. I'm not sure how much it snowed because the wind was blowing it around. My car was parked on the street and didn't have that much snow on it. But farther down the street where the school is and there is a field with no wind break there is a snow drift that is like up the my car window. It takes up like half the road, it sucks. It was sunny out today, but still cold and windy. I guess it's supposed to be cold for a while. It's winter, so it's time to get used to it.

It a totally unrelated note here is a link to an article on a giant statue built to scale of Tetsujin 28 in Kobe. Tetsujin 28 is a robot from the cartoon series of the same name which aired in 1963. That thing is massive and rad or massively rad. Cranbrook needs a giant robot instead of some stupid Spirit Tree. Giant robots = cool, but spirit trees = lame.

3 comments:

mike said...

did it stop snowing yet? are you going to have to eat all of your cupboards empty alive style?

do you have to shovel at your place or is that someone elses' job?

Keef said...

It only snowed for Friday and Saturday, but it might snow again on Wednesday. We got food, lots of cereal!

We only have to shovel the main walk into our unit and the somebody else shovels the main walkways. Except that somebody hasn't done it since Friday. It's angry letter time.

Cam said...

You guys should get a chubby dude as a roommate, just in case you DO get snowed in. Also, fat guys love to party!