Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mii, myself and I

Just because I have nothing better to write about I will compare my two digital versions of myself. What I mean is my Nintendo Mii Keef vs my XBL avatar DiesEazy. Which one will reign supreme? Who is the biggest bad ass? Why does it even matter?!



Yes, that is supposed to be me, a slimmer, hipper digital me aka DiesEazy. Microsoft introduced player avatars a little while ago. So far they don't really do much, but that is changing with player awards of avatar gear and avatar games in which you play as your avatar. You can create an avatar with a ton of different options to make it looks just like your or like whoever or whatever you want. Since they started the awards they've also added stuff you can buy for your avatar. Why someone would pay money on a branded t-shirt for a digital character is plain stupid. As you can see my dude has some Left 4 Dead 2 gear on which I earned through playing the game. The L4D shirt I got for killing 10,000 zombies and the Depeche Mode shirt I got for saving Gnome Chompski from the Dark Carnival.



It was Nintendo that started the whole gamer avatar with the Miis that been a part of the system since launch. Although, since then there haven't been very many games to incorporate Mii into the gameplay aside from Wii Sports/Sports Plus, Wii Fit and actually I don't any other ones that do. Sorry, I didn't do my research. Your Mii and any other Miis on you system do show up in Dr. Mario RX which I have and is cool. The Miis are really basic and you can't really customize them that much. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't added an update to the Mii system to make more customizable.

Despite the fact that the Miis aren't anywhere close to being as customizable and as good looking as the XBL avatars I still think that my Nintendo Mii is the one of the two that most resembles me. In the end everybody wins or maybe nobody wins, or better yet I win all the time cuz I know my boyz got my back.

No comments: