Monday, November 23, 2009

New Sloan is go!

A while back I posted a link to get a free song from the upcoming Sloan EP which is now officially out. It's a digital EP called Hit & Run, so you'll have to head over the Sloan site to download it if you want it. You can preview the entire EP before you buy it, it's five tracks and comes with artwork and lyrics for all songs and priced at $3.99. That is $3.99 US!! The title, Hit & Run, must come from the fact that someone ran over Chris Murphy while he was riding his bike back in the beginning of August. Everyone's a critic.

The artwork from the "booklet" are pictures taken of t-shirts that were hand silk screened by the band. During the first week of sales a person will be chosen from everyone who bought a copy of the EP that day and they'll win one of the shirts. If you want in on this contest make sure you buy it this week or it's too late for you.

I downloaded my copy just now and it's pretty easy to do as long as you have Visa, Mastercard or PayPal to pay for it. I did via Paypal and then downloaded it which didn't take very long, the zip file is 31MB is size. You can chose from three different audio formats, mp3(320mbs), Apple lossless, or FLAC files. I'm not sure what a FLAC file is so I just went with the old trusty mp3s. I can play mp3s on my tape deck right?

2 comments:

mike said...

Hey Keith, I got the email from Sloan..

on a completely unrelated topic, Willie says there is a cougar running around between 3rd ave and 7th ave in cranbrook these days. maybe it will eat some deer..

Keef said...

I got the e-mail too, but wasn't sure if anyone else subscribed to it.

Cranbrook is a deer smorgasbord, so after a couple blocks the cougar will be all bloated from eating too much and collapse making it easy pickings. Now somebody hand Willie a rifle!