Tuesday, November 17, 2009

chop chop bang bang

If it's November 17, 2009 then that means Left 4 Dead 2 is officially out! I worked 8-12 today and was going to pick my copy up after work, but they got a single copy in so I bought it on my break. Apparently, they also got something like two copies of Assassin's Creed in AND it's in this week's flier. Cody wanted to buy it, so if they sold out he was just going to go across the street to Best Buy. He is still working of Modern Warfare 2!

I've already played the first two campaigns and it's better and harder than the original L4D. There are tons of weapons and items and the new special infected are jerks. I think they also made the Boomer a chick? Weird. When I played I was Ellis, the hillbilly, and now he is my staple character. He gets all the funny dialogue like when he picks up the katana he says "Picking up this cool ass ninja sword.", but says it with a twangy accent.

And speaking of ninja swords, the new melee weapons are sweet. I've already got the achievements for decaptitating 200 infected and killing 100 infected with the chainsaw. On the second campaign there is a part where you slide down this hill and once at the bottom a horde moment triggered where the zombies all run at you. They were sliding down the hill and I was at the bottom of the hill with the chainsaw slicin' and dicin' as they as the came down. Awesome!

Microsoft has started this thing where you can earn awards for you XBox avatars which is just basically crap your avatar can wear. Believe it or not you can actually BUY clothes and items for your avatars, but only some kind of unbelievable moron would do that. Not that many games have avatar awards yet, but L4D2 does. A couple can be unlocked from playing the campaign and a couple are done online. I just want to kill 10,000 infected and get my L4D avatar t-shirt, but it will have to wait because my hand is cramping up.

No comments: