Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009!


How festive! That is actually my birthday cake and it's not actually a cake but collection of cupcakes with about 20 pounds of icing on them. Cody was going to buy me a cake for my birthday, but I had cookies and a chocolate zucchini loaf thing I was eating, so I just told him to wait. Then on Friday he comes home with this huge turkey cake thing and he left to go back to Moyie on Saturday, so I'm stuck eating this thing by myself. I think he is trying to kill me or something.

Also, I know pretty much everybody does Thanksgiving on Sunday night, but I was lazy and never wrote the post. I've been super extremely lazy lately as I have about two more other posts I just haven't bother to write yet, but I'll get on it.

I don't think I've eaten turkey at Thanksgiving for like 6 or 7 years, so this I decided I wouldn't let another Thanksgiving go by without eating some turkey. I can't cook, so cooking a turkey posed a problem. I solved that problem by buying one of those turkey you cook from frozen and it already stuffed. It was actually pretty expensive at $40, but I needs me some turkey.


I know it's President's Choice, but I got my discount on it, so it's all good. It's also boneless except for the drumsticks and even comes with gravy. You basically just put it in the oven from frozen, so it's pretty straight forward. I would've had it on Sunday, but I worked all day and didn't have time to cook it when I got home. Today I worked a half day and came home and put it in the oven. It does 8-12 servings, so hopefully it turns out good because I'll eating leftovers all week. I would've been happy with a plate of turkey and pumpkin pie, but decided maybe I should do some potatoes and vegetables too. I'll let you know how it turns out.

4 comments:

mike said...

awesome Keith, hope it was good and you're able to read this still.
Cody knows you are diabetic right? lol
we stopped in on sun at Willies house, he went with the Subway Turkey footlong to celebrate.

We were at home for Mom+Pops Turkey dinner, plus Cam wasn't there so it was all mine, b'wahaha..

Kristian said...

MMMM, prestuffed turkey.

Just wanted to let you know we had a baby boy on October 9th. His name is Owen.

We still got our turkey dinner as family came and cooked for us.

Keef said...

Hey Kristian, congratulations man!

Mike, you didn't even share your turkey and let poor Willie eat a sub?

mike said...

congrats Kristian, that's great news.
nope no sharing with Willie, Keith you know the rules..