Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Catching up

Since you are all dying to know, the turkey actually turned out pretty good. I got lots of leftovers in the fridge still if anyone wants them. I don't like the drumsticks, so they'll be sticking around for a while. I have LOTS of leftover gravy, it is actually kind of scary.

Also, here are the abbreviated versions of a couple posts I was going to write, but never did because I'm lazy. First of all way back on October 4th was the fall comic show. This is super small which is nice because it's not as busy as the big one in the spring. I took stuff to get signed by Kaare Andrews, Craig Rousseau and Norm Brefogle. Norm Brefogle signed an issue of Mr. T and the T Force that he drew and it's AWESOME!


I got a sketchbook and a Captain America sketch from Craig Rousseau. I bought a couple hardcover trades and some of the homemade chocolate pops. I already ate the chocolate pops as I didn't want a repeat of leaving one lying around for nine months then finding it and eating it and then almost dying.


Then last Saturday I went to Vulcan with Murray and Eunice. Murray had told Eunice all about it and she looked for it online and found some Chinese blog with a story about it. She thought it sounded cool and wanted to go see it. We made it there and she took a bunch of pictures. I actually forgot my camera, so no pictures for you guys. Sorry! Since last time we were there they put up a board with various Star Trek characters on it and their faces flip down so you can put your face in to take super dorky pictures. Somebody had unscrewed a couple of the faces and stole them. Eunice took pictures of me and Murray with our faces in the characters. We just stuck our faces in the holes that had the faces stolen, I wasn't even sure what character I was. After she took the pictures I walked around to the front and after looking at the board I was like, "I was the chick!!" Turns out I had my face in the Seven of Nine face from ST: Voyager. Dammit! Then well we were outside some guy pulls up on the road and starts taking pictures of the ship and us with our faces in the board and says something to us in French. Jeez, buddy you drove to the middle of nowhere you should at least drag your fat ass out of your car to get some decent pictures.

We moved in the "Trek Station" to check things out. They have also fixed this place up since last time we were there too. They have this weird hologram game thing, I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it was broken, so we couldn't even try it. On the game board there is a button for "Light Speed". Somebody should out to them that "light speed" is from Star Wars, in Star Trek it's called "Warp Speed". Anyway, they also have a mock command bridge filled with Star Trek stand ups where you can sit and take pictures. They also have Star Trek uniforms you can put on for your pictures. It was cheesy, but cheesy cool.

Of course they had various souvenirs, but I wanted a magnet for my fridge. I ended up having to buy a magnetic poetry set just for the Vulcan, AB magnet which was in it. There weren't even any swear words in it, where is the fun in that? I also got some CSA (Canadian Space Agency) stickers which were free.


The Trek Station was surprisingly busy considering it was the long weekend, but the rest of town was completely dead. Not that there is that much there anyway. We checked out the V&S where I bought a hat. The end.

No comments: