Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Back to BC

As you can see I'm back in Cranbrook. It has already snowed twice in Calgary, so I figured I should come back so I can get my winter tires put on. I think I also need a oil change, so might as well get it all done at once. Other than that I don't have any plans while I'm back other than drop some crap off for Cam and Mike at their parents and go see Willie. I'm sure I'll visit Giant Tiger, but other than that I don't have any plans.

After dinner I went down to my sisters to give Logan his birthday present and on the drive down I had to stop/slow down four different times foe deer crossing the road. On the way back just up from Kootenay Orchard school there were two elk in some guy's front yard. I usually see lots of deer whenever I'm home, but never elk, so that's weird. The whole wildlife in our backyards is getting very strange, I don't remember it being like this when I was kid or even before I left Cranbrook. I'm sure everyone has heardthe news about the girl killed by coyotes in a Cape Breton park which is crazy. I always figured coyotes would be scared of people, but to attack and kill someone is pretty scary. From now on I think I will carry two machetes just to be safe because coyotes are the new bears.

3 comments:

mike said...

if coyotes are the new bears what do the old bears do?

they should release the spra stray dogs for a couple weeks, let them chase the deer out of town. Or sell tags for 'city deer'.

funny b/c Dad spends all fall looking for deer to shoot in the bush and comes home to find huge bucks in the backyard..

have fun at the giant tiger.

Keef said...

My parent's dog, Aspen, has given up on chasing deer. She used to chase them, but they are so many and they keep coming back so she just ignores them now. She still chases skunks though.

mike said...

at least there is a skill to chasing skunks..