Monday, September 14, 2009

Fatburger, empty wallet.

I've eaten at Fatburger once and it was a couple of years ago. I wasn't that impressed with it and all I remember is that it was expensive. Cody wanted to go back and try it again and since we were in the area and I was hungry we went. I remain unimpressed.

I ended up getting the King burger with fries and a drink which set me back over $14. Yes, it was expensive. The King burger is an 8 oz burger plus is had cheese on it. When I got it and picked it up it felt like like it weighed a ton. It didn't taste anything special, it tasted like a fast food burger. The fries were the usual fries again, but I accidentally put a butt load of spice on them. Fatburger also has it's own brand of spice available at the tables and to buy and take home. The containers are pretty big with two openings on them. A wide mouth for pouring and one with holes for shaking. The problem is that there are only three holes and they are huge, so when I went to shake some spice on my fries a butt load(a metric butt load) of spice came out. I ended up having to scrape, shake and wipe the excess spice of some of the fries and some I didn't even bother to eat. The drinks were self serve, so at least you can go up and get free refills if you'd like. Overall, I wasn't impressed with the food or the price and probably would not eat there again unless I was extremely hungry or someone else paid for it.

If I did go there again I'd probably just get a Fatburger t-shirt as it is cheaper than actually eating there. A shirt is $9.99 and you can wear it forever, unlike a hamburger which you eat and that is it.

Keeping checking back for more burger review posts. Cody has scoped out two places for future visits, Rocky's Burger Bus and Boogies Burgers. After doing some initial research it sounds like we will checking out Boogies Burgers soon. This one could be epic. We are still trying to find a guinea pig to take along with us.

3 comments:

Cam said...

Well, we recently got a Fatburger here in Kelowna, but based on your review we will NOT be going there. And don't get a Fatburger shirt if you don't like their burgers, people will see the shirt and want to eat at Fatburger.

mike said...

I have high hopes on Boogies burgers.. I hope they have t-shirts too.

Keef said...

Boogies does have shirts!

One good thing about Fatburger is that they had a separate drink fountain only for lemonade. Plus they had fresh cut lemon wedges for your lemonade. Other than that I can't think of anything else I thought was cool.