Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Don't sweat it.

I could start off complaining about having to get a driver's medical, so I can get my driver's license renewed. And complain about said driver's medical costing $90 plus the $17 for the actual license and then complain some more about having to do it every single year. Alberta sucks. Anyway, after getting my driver's medical done I was walking home and stopped in at the Korean grocery store, E-Mart, because I wanted to find some more of those 3+2 or Rebisco cracker snacks they have at the Chinese grocery stores.


I got my crackers and some other stuff too. Starting at the green cracker box and going clockwise there is a bottle of Pocari Sweat, Captain Kim tuna, Popeye candy, and UFO noodles. I went there just for the crackers and they weren't even that good! They were "butter lemon" flavored. I will eat lemon, orange, strawberry, but butter lemon tastes as bad as it sounds. Next time I'm better off driving across town to T&T Market. The Pocari Sweat turned out to be pretty good. For some reason I was expecting it to be bitter, but it had a faint lemony taste and that was it. I would drink it again! It's basically a sports drink or "ion supply drink" and being the athlete that I am I need to replace those electrolytes.

They actually had different kinds of the Captain Kim tuna ranging from spicy, mild, and light. I got the light which is still flavored a little bit, but nothing very strong. Tuna Helper here I come! I never liked Popeye as I kid and I dislike him even more as an adult and didn't think he was cool enough to get his own candy. From the pictures on the package the candy looks weird and I'm not going to eat it. I'll give it to Logan because kids love candy. The UFO in the UFO noodles actually does stand for "Unidentified Flying Object" and I'm not sure how that relates to instant yakisoba bowl noodles. Maybe because the bowl looks like a flying saucer! The name is cool and it's a gimmick that made it stand out over all the other instant noodles, so I guess it worked.

No comments: