Tuesday, August 18, 2009

More useless stuff.

Remember when a couple weeks ago I posted that I had finally gotten around to getting the Nirvana "All Apologies" CD single? Well, after that I was sitting in front of the computer and was a bit bored, so I decided to go on eBay. Trouble! After doing to some looking I ended up getting three more hard to find Nirvana items.


First up is the Hormoaning EP. It was originally released in Australia to promote the Nirvana tour and then again in Japan for the same reason. Mine is the Japanese version and the booklet is all in Japanese. The disc contains six songs; Turnaround, Aneurysm, D-7, Son of a Gun, Even in His Youth and Molly's Lips. At the time song the songs were hard to find, but now the box set and other discs they can all be easily found. Still with only 30,000 copies pressed for the Japanese version (same for Australia) it won't be too easy to find. The price of the CD with shipping and exchange came to just over $15 which I think it a damn fine deal especially since the price tag on the back of the CD said $19.99.


45s!! I got the 7" singles for Heart-Shaped Box and All Apologies. These weren't quite of a good deal as the Hormoaning EP, it worked out to more like $15 each. It's an investment and one day maybe I can sell them for $20 each. They are in pretty good shape and it doesn't even look like the vinyl has ever been played. The sleeves have a $5.98 price tag on the back that has probably been there forever, so getting it off will be next to impossible. I can add these to my other Nirvana 7"s: Come As You Are, the Jesus Lizard Split (on blue vinyl!), Sliver/Dive and my three bootleg 7"s.

This afternoon I went to the Inner Sleeve, a new and used record store, to get a new box for my 45s. It is the same style as a comic box, but sized for 7" records. Mine old one is crammed full and I figured I'd better get a new box because my shelf is filling up and I've even got a few new records coming soon. I figured I'd collect 7" records because they take up less space than LPs. My very small collection isn't anything spectacular, but I collect stuff I like and not just stuff I think will be worth money. That said I have the Power Rangers theme single.

No comments: