Thursday, July 9, 2009

Yo Joe..again!

With G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra set to hit screens in a few weeks we are starting to see more movie tie-ins, merch and promotional crap. First up are Hersey's chocolate bars running a G.I. Joe contest with the grand prize of $100,00 as well as daily prizes of a Blu Ray player and movie pack. The package says "Instantly Win!" but it is not quite that instant. Back in the good old days "instant win" meant that when youo looked on the inside label of your chocolate bar or inside the cap of your bottle of pop it would tell if you won or not. Now all you get is a PIN number and after you register at a website you enter that number to find out if you won. I entered my number and all I did was unlock a Duke wallpaper. I guess that means I lost because I wanted either the Snake Eyes, Scarlett or Baroness wallpaper. Maybe next time.


7-11 is getting in on the action with some G.I. Joe lenticular 3D Slurpee cups. My biggest complaint is that nobody has invent a diet Slurpee yet. What the hell?! Anyway, there are four different character cups of Duke, Stormshadow, Snake Eyes and the Baroness. I picked up the Baroness because she is hot. They also had character straws, but I already got my huge bag of straws, so I don't need another one. The 3D is kind of lame as it looks good on one side, but on the side it totally doesn't even work and just make the image look all blurry. All I saw a blackish blob, not the Baroness. I would've been much happier if they had gone with just static images you can look at without having to tilt your cup back and forth, the 3D is just a lame gimmick.

No comments: