Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Look into my eyes!



It's scary I know. Today me and Cody went to Kensington and while Another Dimension was my main stop I thought since we were there to go check out called Livingstone & Cavell Extraordinary Toys. It's kind of a fancy toy store that mixes educational toys with plain crap. I still don't know how they can label themselves as having "extraordinary toys" when they sell fake dog poo and fart powder. I guess they do put the toys in an upscale bag with handles.


Despite having educational toys I did see a few things I wanted like a penant that said "Despair", water pistol with ejectable clip, a slide whistle and most of all a Zap Brannigan gun. They had some metal Futurama toys like the aforementioned gun, Bender smoking cigar, a super shiny chrome Bender and a Gender Bender figure. While I'm too poor to get them all I decided to get a pair of the freaky looking glasses that make you look like you aren't wearing glasses. I would like to get the "Despair" penant if I ever go back and I probably will soon because I want to get some cupcakes from Crave (yes, still!) and a t-shirt from Rocket.

Also, after checking out the Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World website I see they've posted a new video blog that has some Chris Murphy in it! "Murph" is the "musical director" on the film which has him teaching actors on to look like they are musicians. From the blog he says he is doing a good job, but that is just his enormous ego. You know those rock stars.

2 comments:

mike said...

that is the store where Cams' shiney-metal-assed Bender is from.

Keef said...

The exact same store? Or is it a chain of stores? I don't know.