Sunday, June 21, 2009

Don't go into the woodz!

I'm back! I left Saturday fairly early, so I got to Cranbrook just before 2pm. The roads weren't that bad with the busiest sections being from Calgary to Nanton and from Fernie to Cranbrook. As always it was incredibly boring.

Today I actually went outside when me and my Dad took Logan and Avery up Lumberton. We didn't go that far, just to Moyie Falls and then we stopped at Negro Lake on the way out. I know the name "Negro Lake" isn't very PC and I apologize for that, but I did not name it.

I haven't been to Moyie Falls in a long long time. For some reason I remember you parking and main road then walking down a road and you are basically there. I was little longer than that, but still not that far. It seemed farther with Logan and Avery. We were walking down the road that was a little steep and had lots of rocks on it. Avery was running and we kept telling him to walk, but he wanted to run, then he did a belly flop. We saw the falls, but didn't get right up to them because the trail has some steep sections that were too hard to Logan and Avery. The creek was still a bit high and the water was pretty fast, so crossing it was out of the question. I got this picture though.

I suggest we make another quick stop at "N" word Lake. Again I haven't been there forever. I remember last time we were there I climbed up the big rock cropping on the right hand of the lake and tossed this huge rock off it. I think Steve or Kristian was directly below me on the shore and when the rock hit the water out in front of him it scared the crap out of him. Good times! We did see a moose swimming across the lake though, so that was cool.

Sorry for the picture! I zoomed in and took what I thought was a better one, but I had the wrong setting on the camera, so it was all fuzzy. By the time I fixed it the moose had gone behind that big rock island on the left hand side of the lake. The arrow will help you see where it is.

Then we walked back to the truck and that was it. I also wanted to check out the old mine site off the trail by the bridge, but it would've been too much for Logan and Avery. It was nice to get outside and into the woods even if it wasn't anything extreme. I also saw some mosquitos for the first time in years and then remember how much I hate them.

2 comments:

Cam said...

Haha, the last time I was at Moyie Falls was when Willie got tick disease! Remember when he sneezed three times on the drive back to town and we straight-facedly told him that was the first sign of TICK DISEASE? It was even funnier when we found out he actually had a tick and his dad had to burn it out of his head. That was awesome...

Keef said...

I remember that. I've got pictures of us there too. I think that may have been the last time I was at the falls too.