Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ketchup for dessert?

I was getting groceries the other day and saw some hot dogs and thought they would be good. If I was going to have hot dogs then I also need to get some ketchup because we were almost out. I noticed the Heinz ketchup bottles had thing about 100 years of Heinz in Canada. Yippee?? Then a couple days later I saw this recipe on the internet from Heinz for ketchup cake. I know it sounds pretty gross, but the picture looks so good.


I read the ingredients list and it doesn't actually have that much ketchup in it...I don't think. Maybe enough to give it some colour and in the picture it looks like there is a lot of icing on it so they would definitely help with the taste. The article says it is supposed to taste like carrot cake. I barely have the culinary skill to make hamburger helper, so ketchup cake is way over my head. If anyone wants to make this for me I will totally eat it. Just make sure to put lots of icing on it. Here is the recipe.

I ended up getting some Heinz Hot & Spicy ketchup just for something different which has tabasco in it. I wonder how that would taste as a cake? The hot dogs didn't taste as good I thought they would at the grocery store even though they were Juicy Jumbos. I ended up boiling them, but they would have tasted way better if they had been barbecued. I have a barbecue, but have never used it. My dad gave me one for my birthday and I put it together and now it is the focal point of the kitchen.



I'm a little nervous about lighting them and stuff, so I haven't bought propane yet. I'm scared I'll go to light it and blow up. That would suck. My parent's old old barbecue (which I assembled) singed the hair off my arm and some of eyelashes when it wouldn't light. I cranked up the propane and kept trying and eventually it lit in a big fireball. I am tramatized and it sucks because I liked eating charred meat.

2 comments:

mike said...

you're going to have to move the bbq outside. otherwise you will get more bbq trauma..

Keef said...

It doesn't have a propane tank hooked up to it. Despite popular belief I am not that dumb.