Saturday, May 30, 2009

Achievement Unlocked

After having Left 4 Dead sitting on the shelf for a few months without playing we finally dug it out tonight. Dennis, who also works at Superstore, had bought the game when it first came out but never actually opened it let alone played it. We all played No Mercy on XBox Live and got out assed kicked...hard...on Normal! We did okay until the rooftop stand off then we died many times. I think on our fourth try we finished it, but I didn't. I got puked on by a Boomer then jumped on by a Hunter. I was saved but then got got swarmed by a horde of Infected because of the Boomer puke, then I got attacked by a Tank. Cody, Dennis, and AI Zoey made it, but I didn't get the achievement because I died. LAME! Our first attempt was going good until the second Tank showed up and punched Dennis off the roof then punched me right off the roof leaving Cody on his own. Then he died. Also, once you make into the hospital there are Infected who were patients so they are wearing hospital gowns, the ones that are open in the back so you can see their zombie butt crack. I would maybe like it if wasn't a dude, the game needs some female zombie butt crack. I'd shotgun it.

We mostly played the game when I first bought it and didn't have my own profile and gamertag yet, so all the campaign missions I finished meant I didn't get the achievements for them which is stupid because I got achievements for other stuff. Tonight I unlocked five achievements which is good for me, but easy for a L4D ace like Cam. I got the one for Pyrotechnician, Hunter Punter, Towering Inferno and the other two I can't remember. Towering Inferno is where you light up a Tank with a moltov, but that kind of back fired when he then rushes you and start pummeling on you when he is on fire, so you catch on fire.

I also unlocked an unofficial achievement when I single handedly killed all my teammates. They were all standing by this gas station and I told them to get clear and get out of the way, but nobody was listening. I shot up the gas pumps with my pistols and blew the whole thing up and killed everybody. It was sweet! Of course now everyone was dead and I was on my own until they respawned in room for me to save them. I say it was "unofficial" because you don't actually get anything for it, but you should.

You must be insanely awesome to survive on Expert. We were on Normal and getting wrecked. Then again we were clearing rooms when we should've just ripped through the levels and straight for the safe rooms. It's more fun to screw around and kill as many zombies as you can. I mean how else are you going to get the Zombie Genocidest achievement for killing 53,595 zombies. It will be mine!

No comments: