Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mug Shot

I know I said I would show you guys some junk I picked up at the Cranbrook thrift stores and I'm finally getting around to it. I picked these goodies up at the Hospital Auxiliary thrift store. Ever since shopping at the thrift store became hip the Hospital Auxiliary is nowhere near as cool as it used to be, but it's still my favorite.


When I was back I picked up the BC Forest Service mug which goes nicely with my BC Fisheries mug which I also picked up at the Hospital Auxiliary last time I back. I have tons of funny/weird/retro cups, glasses, and mugs but I don't actually use any of them. If I want something to drink then I'll drink it straight out of the carton. No sense is getting a cup dirty for some juice because then I'll just have to wash it. I should cut back on thrift store cups, I do have two entire boxes filled with nothing but tiki glasses.

But that's not all, I also got postcards! They had a basket full of postcards and I grabbed the ones that looked the neatest. I got some Canadian wildlife ones, Cranbrook clock tower and some with Japanese castles on them. They also had some Mr. Rogers postcards in there, but I got one once before and I posted it on here. I think I put a picture of it up, if not let me know because it's awesome.

Click picture for super mega jumbo version

The Pika postcard was my favorite because they're cute and funny looking. Go hiking anywhere in the mountains around Cranbrook and you'll run into these critters. The back of the postcard also has a brief description about the Canadian Pika.
Pika - A member of the rabbit family - these cute little animals can be found in mountain terrain thoughout Western Canada.
I did say it was a brief description. The postcards were priced at 25 cents each, but they lady only charged me 50 cents because nobody ever buys any. Lucky for me because I had about twelve of them. The Pika postcard is pretty cool, but I've saved the coolest for last. See ya next time.

3 comments:

Cam said...

Yes, thanks for the new super-jumbo-mega Pika wallpaper.

Keef said...

I can make it bigger if you want. I actually had to shrink it down a bit.

Cam said...

No thanks, I'm set!