Sunday, April 19, 2009

Countdown

It's almost that time of year and next weekend is the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. I've been looking forward to this since last year's show, but only because Bryan Lee O'Malley was supposed to be there, but had to cancel and promised he's be there this year. I've said it before it, but you didn't listen but try and read his Scott Pilgrim books. They're cool and funny and Canadian. Or you just wait for the movie which is currently in production in Toronto with Edgar Wright directing. Check out the official movie site with weekly video blogs from Edgar and Edgar Wright Here a page where he post a picture a day from the movie. On Edgar Wright Here a few weeks ago there was a picture of Chris Murphy looking very grumpy.

I'm also going to see lots of other people like Mike Allred, Frank Cho, Michael Golden, Ray Fawkes, Herb Trimpe and Yanick Paquette. Plus Gavin Blair will be there, he's the co-creator of Reboot and the guy who did the voice of Rhino in Disney's Bolt. I plan on getting him to sign a DVD for Logan and Avery. They're also bringing back Ray Park aka Darth Maul aka Snake Eyes in the new G.I. Joe movie. For some reason I don't understand they are also going to have the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld there. I wonder if he'll sign a can of soup? Oh and if you love Baywatch then Erika Eleniak will be there too. I keep forgetting she is actually lives here in Calgary.

So this time next week you'll probably be reading about all the comics I got signed and stuff I bought. It'll probably be too much stuff to post, so I'll just write about the really really cool stuff.

No comments: