Saturday, April 11, 2009

The best for last

Okay, here is the last piece of thrift store junk I picked up when I was back in Cranbrook. I got it at the Salvation Army and it's the best yet.


Quit rubbing your eyes because yes you are looking at a Graham Townsend record. This guy has got mad fiddle skillz winning numerous awards like a Juno, Porcupine Award(?) and the World Novelty Fiddle Championship three years in a row. He has even been inducted in the US Fiddlers Hall of Fame AND the Canadian National Fiddlers Hall of Fame. If there is any kind of award or honor for fiddlin' then this dude already has it.

Of course all that don't mean crap to me, but that album cover is hilarious, why do you think I bought it! That suit is insane and I nearly die from laughter every time I see that picture of him hopping on the fiddle like it's pogo stick. That is 50 cents well spent, but I did end up leaving in Cranbrook. I might bring it back just so I can buy a LP frame and hang that thing on my wall. It is classic.

No comments: