Monday, March 23, 2009

Back y'all

Despite Calgary getting a foot of snow Saturday night/Sunday morning the roads were fine for the drive back. Just some wet patches except there was snow on the road through the Crowsnest Pass where it was coming down hard. It only lasted for about 5 km and then as I neared the BC border it stopped and the sun started to come out again. Yeah BC!

Mike was right, I'm already bored. The drive is so boring and I've driven it many time before. Maybe if I was organized I could just fly home next time. Well I'm back and even though I hadn't even been in town for an hour I had already went to Giant Tiger and Aabco Pawn.

At Giant Tiger I just want some juice, but since I was already there I looked at the t-shirts and ended up getting one. It's a pretty sweet one, so don't worry pictures will follow. They still had way too many fart shirts, but not as many as when Cam and I went at Christmas. Does Cranbrook really have the market for that many different fart t-shirts? Actually, I don't want to know.

At Aabco I picked up some DVDs at 5 for $20 and one of them was Night of the Lepus. It's a "horror" movie from 1972 about giant man eating rabbits. I watched it a long time ago on my grandpa's satellite and thought it was pretty funny and for $4 I thought I'd give it another try. Aabco also has a raffle for a rifle which isn't a big deal except it's a HUGE rifle. I didn't bother with the name of it, but it's a .50 caliber which it probably it's biggest selling point. The tickets aren't cheap at $100. I wish I had that huge gun, but I don't a license to own gun or to even buy ammo for it, but then again with a .50 caliber rifle you'd be better off if people (aka "The Man") didn't know you owned it.

When I got to my parent's place I was unloading the car and spotted one of my old toys lying in the snow. I have most of my toys all packed up, but some didn't get put away and now kids are digging them up and leaving them laying all over the place including my Real Ghostbusters Slimer figure! Since it's sitting outside the dog figured she might as well chew on it a bit.

Don't be scared Mike! I think that picture turned out pretty good and it was only the third one I took. I was just wanted a good shot where you could see Slimer in Aspen's mouth, but this was extra nice because you could also see her teeth. Slimer is still in one piece despite bite marks all over him. Aspen also has a tendency to destroy anything toys you give her. A regular tennis ball won't even last five minutes with her. I see she was trying to rip the tail off his body, so I took him away from her. Tomorrow I'll go get her a new orange ball.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh ha!
you've stumbled onto your parents plan to get rid of you old stuff by feeding it to the dogs..

lucky for Cam and I our parents dog couldn't even eat a piece of lego..

Keef said...

It's a nice try, but my parents would need an army of dogs to get rid of all my stuff.

My dad is going to build a new shop up by the barn with a loft where all my stuff is going to go. He said you get a 4X4 area. I was like "4 meters by 4 meters?" It may be enough space.

Anonymous said...

or maybe he wants you to buy a 4x4?