Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's still good right?

Back at Halloween me and Cody were convinced we were going to get tons of kids, so ended up getting two boxes of chocolates and a giant box of 60 bags of Cheetos Crunchy. Turns out we're complete idiots and only ended up getting two kids the entire night.


We had no problem polishing off the chocolate bars, but we're still struggling with the Cheetos. Out of the 60 bags we've maybe eaten 12 and that's a generous estimate. They're not that bad tasting, but the box sits closed in the kitchen floor, so I guess it's kind of "out of sight, out of mind". Of course last time I ate a bag back in December I did notice something worrisome.


Oh uh, they're expired. I bought those just before Halloween and they expired not even two weeks after Halloween. That's such a rip. Unless I'm reading the best before date wrong and it's actually November 8, 2011 and not November 11, 2008. Those dates aren't set in stone, I mean they don't instantly go bad that day. I'm sure they usually factor in a 12 month buffer just to be on the safe side which means I'm good to save them and hand them Halloween '09. They'll just be "extra" crunchy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't be any worse than the chips you ate from Barneys.

Keef said...

Barney's never sold anything that was expired, it was just "aged" like a fine wine.