Thursday, January 15, 2009

I can has cheezeburger?

Last Saturday me and Cody went to check out Bianca Amour's Liquidation Superstore because we were bored and hadn't been there in a long time. I had planned to go there in December to have a look around and maybe do some Christmas shopping. The place is huge and always packed with all kinda of crap. It's just fun walking around looking at stuff and laughing like the imitation PS2 controllers they had called Double Shock as opposed to the official Dual Shock controllers. Their stock of swords has dwindled since the first time we went there, but you can still get a wooden practice katana for only $6. Sometimes you'll actually see licensed stuff in there, but they always cost more. Cody bought a DC comics Justice League Martian Manhunter mini bust. They also had these cool looking Kellogg's alarm clocks that were style like the old fashioned alarm clocks with the bells on top except they were made of plastic. I almost got one, but despite actually being officially licensed they still looked as cheap as hell.

Since we drove all the way over there I felt obligated to buy something and as soon as I set my eyes upon the plush hamburger CD wallet I knew I had to get it.


Is it cool or what? I laugh every time I look at it. I know the camera angle doesn't show it, but the burger it pretty big and soft, you could probably use it as a small pillow. The wallet has 12 pages that hold 2 discs(one on each side) so in total it'll hold 24 discs. The pages are pretty flimsy, so if you actually used it on a regular basis I could see the pages probably getting ripped.


I already have lots of novelty CD wallets that I never use like my Afro Ken, Ultraman, Spider-Man and Astro Boy wallets, but when a plush hamburger CD wallet comes along for only $2 there is no way I can say no. They're so cool I don't want to wreck them because then I'll never be able to find a replacement. Plus I don't really need them as CDs usually come with cases. I knew I would never use it when I bought it, but it's fun to own and if I didn't buy it then I could never have taken the following picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks hilarious AND delicious!

For cripe's sake, if you go back and they still have them, please get me two - my Afro Ken one disintegrated a long time ago...

Keef said...

A hamburger CD wallet? I remember seeing they had a few extra, so I could probably grab a couple. I'll be going down that way Saturday because the comic book store is near there.

Sadly, the store that sold all the cool Afro Ken merch is no more. I think I saw an Afro Ken note pad at some store, but that stuff is pretty rare now. How sad.