Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm cold.

As I said in an earlier post, winter has arrived. Last Sunday we got hit with about 15 cm of snow. Here in Calgary usually it'll snow, then will warm up and melt most of the snow before it snows again. This time we weren't so lucky. It warmed up for maybe one day and then Friday night we got more snow and the temperature really dropped.

This morning it was -23C with a -35C windchill. Lucky for me I didn't work Saturday, so even though I wanted to go out and do stuff I figured it was better not to go out driving around. I wanted to go to Co-op and use my free orange juice coupon and get some chicken flings, they're two for one! In case you are wondering chicken flings are chicken fingers. I didn't want to drive down there because it is so close, so Cody dropped me off on his way to work and then I walked home. It is a short walk, but when the sidewalks aren't shoveled and I'm walking face first into a -35C windchill that short walk becomes painful. I was just wearing plain old cords too, so my thighs were totally numb about half way home. I did make it back and then proceeded to shovel our walks. Shoveling wasn't bad because I was moving around keeping warm and was away form the wind. Once that done I went inside, ate some warm food, watched the end of Blackbelt Jones on TV and had a nap.

The cold weather is making it hard to use to computer. The computer is down in our basement right under this flimsy little window. When I came down in the morning, the window was actually open! It doesn't slide, but swings up into the basement. It was open about a couple inches, probably opened by the wind. I closed the window, but later in the afternoon when I came back to the basement, it was open again. I think we'll have to nail it shut or something, because having a window that opens by itself when it's -30C out is just plain stupid. Even when it's closed, it is super drafty. You can be sitting at the computer and fell a cold draft blowing down on you. In fact my hands are starting to get cold, so I'm gonna bail. Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chrismas in Hollis... haha, reminds me of home..