Saturday, November 15, 2008

TOYS!

After visiting the comic book store this morning I decided to check out Chinook Hobby again. They had so much cool stuff last time I had to have another look. This time I actually bought something too!


They had some opened Star Wars figures that were a lot less than boxed ones and I ended up getting a couple like the Rebel Commando. He looks pretty cool and the detail is pretty good. They had a few different figures including a couple different rebel soldiers, Luke Skywalker w/medal from the end of A New Hope, Leia/Boussh and a Han Solo. I did some early Christmas shopping for Cody and got him the Leia/Boussh and Han figures. The Han Solo is from Empire where they are inside the giant worm monster and he has the air mask on. The Leia is cool because she comes staff, thermal detonator, backpack and extra head. One head is the Leia head and the other is the Boussh helmet. Each figure also some with display stand and they were only $19.99 each. I only wish they had a Stormtrooper or better yet a Scout Trooper.

Don't tell Cody!

They had a lot of discounted toys like new Indiana Jones figures for only $5 and the deluxe Indy figure for $7.99 and the 12" Indy figures were $15. I dug around in a bin of loose figures and also bought a Kubrick styled Venom figure and some guy I think is a Power Rangers villain. I just liked the way he looked even though he was dusty. They even had a Go Bots model kit! Chinook Hobby is my new favorite store.

It's not the most exciting post, but it's all I feel like writing about now. One day I tell you all about our new windows and doors. I've also been putting off the Halo online post too. I did buy Call of Duty: World At War for my Wii this week. I like it so far, it looks pretty good and controls well. It was a pain to throw grenades in Medal of Honor but it's much easier in COD, but using secondary incendiaries like Molotovs or smoke bombs is lame. I'm not co-ordinated enough. I played a match online this morning and killed like 20 guys. My team won the match and I was best on my team which is pretty sad because I totally suck. The online is not bad for the Wii (best yet?) and much better than Medal of Honor. Anyway, more later...maybe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you guys tried the Left 4 Dead demo on the 360? It's run & gun, zombie-blasting goodness, I think you guys would like it. The biggest decision you have to make is uzi or shotgun...

Keef said...

No, but I've heard about it and it sounds pretty cool. Squad based zombie busting? Sign me up.

I got a double kill on Halo the other night when I killed two guys with a single shotgun blast. That was pretty sweet. I'm sure they learned a couple lessons from that, watch your radar and don't stand side by side.

Anonymous said...

Grab the 360 demo then! T think the multiplayer part of the demo gets disabled in a couple days when the game actually releases. From what I've heard the demo's single-player only after that.

Keef said...

He won't do it because he says there isn't enough room on his hard drive.

Don't tell me you got an Xbox 360? Or have you been playing the PC demo?

Anonymous said...

No 360, I'm still a PC snob. I pre-ordered through Steam, I've been playing the hell out of the demo for a couple weeks now.

You can get the demo there too if your computer can run it. Let me know if you try it on PC, we'll meet up and blast some zombies together.