Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hey, what's up?!

I've been lazy with the posts again. I cheaped out with my post consisting of a picture of some Transformers Animated Eggos. It was the most delicious post I ever wrote! I've been meaning to write something about playing Halo 3 online, but it can really be summed with a simple "I suck."

I also was going to post a picture I scanned with my new scanner, but haven't gotten around to figuring out the damn thing. I bought it last Thursday, but didn't get around to hooking it up until Monday night. On Monday I opened the box for the first time and noticed my "new" scanner wasn't exactly all that new. The bottom of it was all scuffed up and the lock button that keeps the scanning dealio from moving around was already unlocked, when it should've been locked. I didn't even bother hooking it up because when I buy something new, I expect it to be new. I exchanged it for a new one and then hooked it up. My old scanner was actually a printer/copier/scanner/fax/bunch of other stuff and you could preview the image before you scanned it and select the area of the image to scan. With this new Canon one you can't do that, you just put whatever on the scanner and press scan. If you only wanted a certain area, then you have do the ol' cut and paste. The image then opens in the fancy image program that came with the scanner. It has tons of effects and stuff to use and you can apply layers to the image like in photoshop. I'm used to the simpliest of image programs, so I'm way over my head. I can't even figure out how to crop the image yet.

Instead of cheaping out with a picture of eggos, I'll leave you with a picture of a cat and his watermelon! Haha, what does a cat need a watermelon for anyway?! And why is playing with it in the water at the beach?! That is one kooky cat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

doesn't the scanner do a fast scan then open the program to let you move the boundaries ie;cropping?, and then do a good scan?
or use irfanview to crop your post scan stuff.

yes, that is a crazy cat.