Saturday, September 20, 2008

New crap

Hey, I've been lazy with the posts lately but it's only because nothing worthwhile has happened. My uncle Cam is in town from Taiwan for a visit and it's good to see him. He needed to get a few things done so on Thursday I drove him around in hopes of getting a few things scratched off his list.

First we went to the RCMP office because he needed a criminal ID check to apply for a permanent residency in Taiwan and when I was waiting I found and took this cool pen.

The terrorist tipline pen! I didn't know terrorism was so widespread in Canada that we needed to distribute pens with tipline numbers on them. Maybe there reason there is so little terrorism is because of the pens. It's a cool pen in a triangular shape with the tipline on one side, RCMP logo on the second and on the third side it says "Prevent Terrorism, Share Responsibility".

After the RCMP office we went to Inglewood to Kane's Harley-Davidson to look for a motorcycle helmet. Right across the street from Kane's is Crown Surplus, so I went in there to have a look. Remember my "Kill Em' All..." t-shirt? Cody got it from Crown for my birthday, I'll have to do all my Christmas shopping there. I'd really like to get a hand grenade, but they're pretty expensive, so I had to settle for a .50 caliber cartridge.


After Kane's/Crown we went looking for another motorcycle shop because they didn't have the helmet and on the way there we drove right by Bianca Amor's Liquidation Superstore so of course we went in. They still had a pile of DVDs all for $5 each and for some reason I bought Urban Legend. I saw this once like 10 years ago in theatre. It's funny because the cast was somewhat hip young stars ten years ago, but now not so much. Still I liked it in a cheesy sort of way.

Bianca Amor's had tons of pictures and stuff for cheap and most of them were of movies and celebrites and none of it officially licensed.

This Return of the Jedi picture was one of the best, they had a Rocky one that was kinda cool also. It's little small, but the picture is mounted on a piece of wood and for $3 is pretty cheap. They also had super big ones and had a Revenge of the Jedi and Raider of the Lost Ark. The Raiders one looked really crappy because it was obviously blown up from it's original size and the picture quality was pretty bad.

As I was waiting in line to pay for my purchases they had some snack food on the front tables and I saw something that looked too funny not to grab.

Wow, kinda like Toffifee only spelled different? The package was a rip off having only four pieces of Toffifay in it, but surprisingly it actually tasted just like Toffifee. Even the package is ripped off to look like Toffifee. The package is sitting on my bookshelf because I think it's funny.

Moving on... Elaine had told me about a used book sale for the MEOW Foundation which is a cat rescue organization. It was Friday and Saturday and as usual I didn't have anything else to do we went and checked it out Saturday morning. It was a little busier, but hearing from some other people it was a lot busier on Friday. I did find a few books, but I usually try to buy books that don't have that many words in them because it's not like I'm going to read them or anything.

Two X-Files books! I still haven't seen the X-Files movie and I guess I'll have to wait until it comes out on video now. I got volume 4 of the official guide to the X-Files and a X-Files novel. I also It Happened in Canada and Landforms which is a geography/geology type book. It Happened in Canada is book from the early 70's and full of weird trivia and stuff about Canada. I'm sure you've read this book or similar volumes in school.

Recognize it now?

In the picture of the books you'll also notice the Jackie Chan Thunderbolt DVD. Thunderbolt is the car racing one. The used book sale was near a Cash Converters and CC was having a sidewalk sale. Find some crap you want piled up outside and then spin the wheel to get 30-50% off your purchase. I found that Thunderbolt DVD for only $4.99 and ended up getting 30% off it. Not bad considering the DVD was still sealed. The nice thing about CC is that the usually sell old original XBox, GameCube and PS2 games for pretty cheap. I guess they older so therefore they are no good. I was tempted to get a Call of Duty or Medal of Honor GC game, but I'll hold off for now.

I had better take it easy or the new place will starting filling up with more new crap in no time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet, Thunderbolt is my favorite JC movie. the best part is the final race all sped up with cars smashing... oh and the part where Jackie punches that guy..

Keef said...

Yeah, I like Thunderbolt too, despite the funny sped up race at the end. There was another big car race scene earlier in the movie which wasn't sped up for some reason, I'm not sure why they did it only at the end. Also, the pachinko parlor fight was awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hey that guy is right, the pachinko fight is clearly the best part of the movie, Mike...

Sooo, have you guys prank-called the Terrorism Tipline yet? Wackiness might ensue!

Keef said...

Prank call the terrorist tip line? Sounds like fun, but first I think I'm going to need your address.

Anonymous said...

don't you mean Willie's address?

Anonymous said...

The same, infinitely