Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Brothers gonna work it out

Last Tuesday saw the release of Brotherhood, a Chemical Brothers singles collection. They already issued a singles collection five years ago, so basically it's a cash grab. Of course the Bros throw in two new tracks and it's available in two versions, standard and a deluxe version with bonus disc. I think they just did the deluxe version to sucker in the fans who already have their previous albums and the other singles disc. Well it worked you bastards!


The deluxe version comes not in a jewel case, but a box which is kind of cool. Inside the box there is the album, booklet, a square postcard, and the bonus disc which contains the tracks Electronic Battle Weapon 1-10. I have a couple of the Electronic Battle Weapon tracks on other discs, but not all them so that is what suckered me in for this set.

Anyway, if you don't want to spend the $20 for the set I've uploaded the entire bonus disc and two new tracks for you at this link.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZKGTWVNV
The tracks are ripped as mp3s at 192kps and is around 80 minutes of music so it's a fairly big file, like 106MB big. That's not a problem because I know you all have hyper speed internet. In addition to the this, head on over to the Chemical Brothers website where you can download a free remix of Hey Boy, Hey Girl for free. Did I mention it was free?

Keep this on the downlow because I don't want to go to jail or pay some billion dollar fine for breaking copyright laws. I think as long as it's not Metallica, I should be okay. Lars spends his days visiting every single website on the internet looking for people distributing Metallica music. That guy was always weird. Cam are you gonna get their new album? Didn't they say "it's our best album yet"? I heard on the radio that it's out Friday which is weird and dumb. They were also boasting that they were gonna break the law and sell the album a day early at the Megatunes 17th Ave location only. That's it I'm telling Lars!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yarrr matey, don't tell Lars but I've been listening to the new Metallica for a couple days now. The 'yarrr matey' was a sassy way to say that I'm a pirate...

But I will pay & purchase it once it's out because it's better than anything they've done in the last 20 years.

However, I will NOT pay & purchase the Chemical Bros bonus disc that is currently downloading at 61% right now (thanks Keith!). I bought the deluxe version of the last singles album, those British jerks! The way I see it, THEY owe ME.

Keef said...

Good job Cam, sticking to the record label fat cats!

I did read a Metallica article in the Calgary Sun and they liked the new album giving it 4.5 stars out of 5. They were pumped because Kirk Hammet got to do some guitar solos again. They also had a quote from Lars saying online music bootlegging will always be there and there isn't much you can do to stop. The internet has won! Lars has given in.