Sunday, August 17, 2008

We're in

We got all moved into the new place on Saturday and it was surprisingly easy. Cody and I had moved everything over before hand that we could cram in a car leaving only the big items. My parents came down Friday night, but showed up on Saturday morning and it only took four trips to move everything. We are all in and trying to get unpacked and organized now. Also it is friggin' hot in here!

The weather has been pretty warm the past few days and the new place is pretty hot. I guess I've spent the past five years living in a nice cool basement suite, so it is a bit of a system shock to be in a hot stuffy townhouse. I'm really looking forward to winter.

As I said we now have Shaw for our cable, internet and phone. We have a temporary phone number until Telus releases our old number, but I won't bother giving that out because no one is going to call me anyway. I did get a new e-mail address though. Shaw gives us a couple e-mail accounts, but I didn't know that and it's in Cody's name. Elaine sent me an invite (thanks!) for a gmail account so I got one of those. My new e-mail address is originalkeef@gmail.com. It was a pain in the ass coming up with an account name that wasn't already taken, but in the end I came up with a good one. Who cares about keef272 or keefguy69 when I'm the originalkeef? Wannabes.

Since we got the fast Shaw internet I finally got around to hooking my Wii up for online play. I basically only really did because I wanted to download River City Ransom for the virtual console. I can also play Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 and Super Smash Bros online, but I totally suck and will get my ass whupped. I bought a wireless Linksys router and after some fiddling it actually worked. I haven't gotten any Wii Points yet, but tried out MOH online and totally died, but I managed to kill a couple guys. I totally sniped this guy in the head, it was sweet. Anyway, when I was setting up the connection the Wii system searches for access points and like 6 came up! Living in a bunch of townhouses I guess lots our our neighbors have wireless too. One place even didn't make their wireless secure, so you can connect to it without a signon/password. Smart!

With everything in place here now comes the hard part of unpacking. I've got like three sets of empty shelving units, but don't want to fill them up right away. I want to put out some stuff, but only certain DVDs/CDs/books. The other stuff can stay boxed up in the basement. The thing is I just don't want to do it, it's too much work. It's just easier not to do it. Right now the basement is the biggest mess with boxes and crap everywhere. Some of it is garbage, cardboard, boxes that need to be unpacked and empty boxes that have already been unpacked. It'll get all sorted out probably when we move out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(looking at pictures) whoa, that place is way nicer than the last one, plus no windows to clean!

Keef said...

Actually, there is one window, but we still won't be cleaning it.