Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hey, everybody!

I'm in Cranbrook right now. I came back on Wednesday as my car needed an oil change and a muffler strap. Remember how the old one rusted through and broke? I had to come back before school started because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to get the time off.

Before I left on Wednesday I had to go to Toys'R'Us for my sister and since I was at the Market Mall location I went down to Play to look for a new CD to listen to on the drive to Cranbrook. Well, $60 later I ended up getting three CDs for the drive back to Cranbrook. First I got the new CSS album, Donkey, which is pretty good. Then I got Mudhoney's Superfuzz Bigmuff, the new remastered version with second disc of live tracks. Last I got the Weezer Blue album deluxe edition. The deluxe edition has been out for a few years now, but it's always been pretty expensive, but Play had a sale on all the similar deluxe albums so I picked it up. The main album has been remastered and the second disc is full of b-sides, live tracks, live acoustic tracks and demos. I listened to both discs on the drive back and forgot how much I really like this album. It just really shows how good old Weezer is and how much of a giant steaming turd the new Red album really is. I also got two free buttons with my purchase, a CSS and a Sup Pop button. That's $60 well spent.

For some reason whenever I come back to Cranbrook I always end up buying more crap and taking it back to Calgary with me. Today I bought some stuff at the thrift store, I got these cool vintage glasses which I'll post a picture of sometime in the future. I got two DVDs and bought some vinyl CD-Rs from Staples because for some reason the Staples near our place doesn't have them. I also got like five packages in the mail since I had them sent to my parent's place because when I was moving I didn't even know what the address for the new place was. From Blockbuster I got two Xbox games for $5 each! That's cheap and I actually picked up another copy of Black. Cody has it for the PS2, but it's all boxed up so I bought the Xbox version to get my shoot up fix. Cam, if you haven't tried this game then you should! It's not perfect, but it's all about the guns and blowing stuff up. The sound is killer loud on it, I love going nuts with the AK-47. Plus you can shoot dudes in the groin. Check it out. I hear they are working a sequel, I sure hope so.

I was walking downtown and saw this new place called the Redneck Cafe. What an appropriate name. I guess next we'll need a Whitetrash Diner. Oh wait, we already got Denny's. Oh snap!

No comments: