Tuesday, August 19, 2008

BARF!

Things are going okay in the new place. It is still insanely hot at night, but today and for the next few days it's supposed to cool down. Thank god summer is almost over. Still haven't unpacked much in the way of CDs, DVDs, book, etc. I'm not sure if I actually will either.

With my Wii now online I went out and bought some Wii points and the first thing I downloaded was River City Ransom for the virtual console. It plays exactly like the original NES version except now it has a save feature, so it's even better! It always had a save feature in the form out a password that was huge and exhausting to fill out. I actually have a password somewhere that has my character's attributes maxed out and has all the good techniques like stone hands, dragon feet, and grand slam. Unfortunately, it is written in a notebook that is packed up somewhere. It ia a classic game that deserves a reworking on the Wii. It's perfect for the motion control because you can swing with Wii-mote like a bat and beat people down. That would be fun right??


I also downloaded Dr. Mario Online Rx from WiiWare. The virtual console offers game from previous systems like NES, Neo Geo, Sega, and N64 while WiiWare offers new games for download. Dr.Mario is pretty much the same game as the classic NES version with some crisper graphics and a couple new gameplay modes plus the addition of being able to compete against people online. After I downloaded it I played it for the first time in many years and it started on level 10 and I was totally screwed up after about 30 seconds. I had to quit and start back on the level 1 and work my way back up I was so out of shape. The music is still catchy though!

There aren't that many other games to download that I'm interested in except maybe Paper Mario from the N64. There is a WiiWare game coming out soon where you have to kill zombie zoo animals that sounds promising. Killing zombie anythings sounds promising. They are also working on Mega Man 9 which will be done old school 8 bit style, but I think that game will be available on all systems .

Cody got the wifi adapter for his XBox 360, so he is now on XBox Live. I gave Halo 3 a try and it was fun for a few minutes, but after getting repeatedly killed it started to be less fun. I did kill more guys on Halo than I did playing Medal of Honor on the Wii. MOH can be frustrating because you can empty an entire Thomson clip into a guy and he is still running around and then he shoots you once and you're dead. Not cool.

XBox Live is nice because you can set your playing style or level from family to recreation or to the more hardcore. That way if you are a newbie you won't have to worry about being thrown into a deathmatch with hardcore gamers who can kill with a single pistol shot to the head before you take two steps.

I also just found this on eBay check it out.
River City Ransom auction
I still have my copy of the game and the box, but managed to lose the instruction booklet. I wonder how much I could get for it, not like I'd ever sell it.

No comments: