Monday, July 28, 2008

Cupcake dreams

A couple weeks ago I had this weird dream in which I was eating a cupcake. I don't know why I dreamed I was eating a cupcake, but I did. When I woke up in the morning I was totally craving a cupcake...with pink icing. I haven't eaten a cupcake in years, probably many years, so my cupcake craving had to be filled.

I started first with grocery chains like Safeway, Sobey's, and Sunterra Market but I got nothing. Yes, they had cupcakes, but they just looked gross. The conveyor belt assembly of a 1000 different chemicals and additives cupcakes aren't going to cut it. I was craving one of those homemade bake sale cupcakes or the kind your mom made when you were a kid, or in my case that your friend's mom made. Cam and Mike I'm looking at you two!! So I tried checking out some small local bakeries in hopes of finding some, but struck out again. All I want is a cupcake, is that too much to ask?!

I finally caved in and bought these fancy cupcakes from Safeway. I say fancy because they cost $1.50 each. I had seen them before was turned off the "icing" which resembles a coiled dog turd.



It does look like a turd right?? It's just pink or blue. They actually had a chocolate cupcake with the chocolate icing which looked too scary to eat, but you could probably have a lot of other fun with it. It looks a bit weird and I'm sure you're all wondering one thing.
Q: How does it taste?
A: GROSS!!
The icing is horrendous. The icing itself on my cupcake must have weighed about a pound. I took one bite and then just cut the rest of the icing off with a knife and threw it in the garbage. Usually, I can stomach food even if it's not the best especially when I pay for it, but this cupcake crossed the line. In the end my cupcake craving was put to rest, but unfortunately only by eating something totally disgusting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Keef, we are heading back to Cranbrook this weekend. I will talk to the source and see what we can do.

Anonymous said...

Look what I found:
http://iloveweddings.blogspot.com/2007/01/mmm-cupcakes.html
Cara recommends the Crave cupcakes store. You could go to all these places and say your wedding is coming up and you need samples of all their cupcakes. Then eat the samples.

Keef said...

Cam, I actually checked out that link. I hope them cupcakes are good at $15 per 1/2 dozen!! I will look for that place next time I'm in Kensington. I'm pretty sure it's right by the weird toy shoppe. Those directions make sense to me.