Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cranbrook & music *EDIT*

So far nothing exciting to report as Cranbrook is boring as usual. I did see where that helicopter crashed. Just look for the black charred mark on the sidewalk. The weather has been pretty crappy, cold and rainy. I was actually going to go out and try and get some exercise, but the weather isn't cooperating. I guess that's God's way of telling me it's okay to be fat and lazy. Also, after driving around a little bit I can truthfully report that the roads aren't any better. In fact they are worse! The city would be better off just to rip out the pavement and go back to old fashioned hard pack dirt roads. It's not like they would be any worse, anything is an improvement.

New Sloan! All Music Guide has a review for the new Sloan and it's pretty positive. Then again it's not like Sloan to make a bad album. Remember way back when I said I pre-ordered mine online from Yep Roc Records in a bid to get an autographed copy? I got an e-mail today saying I was one of the lucky ones who will be receiving an autographed copy...BUT!! Yep Roc was late in getting the autographed CDs and doesn't expect to get them for a couple more days. So they still have to arrive and then be shipped out to me, so I probably won't be getting my CD for a couple weeks. That's okay as Yep Roc has given out a free album digital download with the CD or LP purchase to hold me over until the CD arrives.

Before I left for Cranbrook I did manage to get the new Weezer special editon Red Album from the HMV by where I work. I listened to it a few times on the drive back and you can colour me unimpressed. Weezer used to be so cool, but the new album is barely mediocre. After listening to it none of the songs really stood out and it just seemed "meh". That totally sucks. If you haven't picked it up yet you can either just ask me *hint hint* or go to Wal-Mart where they have the regular version of the album and the deluxe version both priced at $12.87. Not bad, but it would be a lot better if it was actually good.

No comments: