Saturday, May 10, 2008

Now you are all caught up.

Today's story begins last Wednesday when I had to go to a training seminar/thing for work. It was basically to teach us the new methods of training other employees. That means that I will be training current and new employees which sucks. Why can't they just automatically know how to do everything? It was the Best Western Port O'Call out by the airport and we even got fed lunch which turned out be really gross. Lunch was served in those metal warming trays and probably was cooked about five hours before we were ready for it. We were fed hamburgers and chicken burgers with the usual accompaniments like fries, salads, and beans(?!). When I went to garnish my burger the top of the bun fell off on the floor. I went and took another whole bun because it wouldn't be cool to take half a bun. The lunch wasn't very good and if you paid for it you'd probably be asking for you money back. The training thing was boring and waste of time but it was better than working 8am to 5pm and work.

The next day on Thursday I woke up and went to work with my stomach feeling a bit odd. I always skip breakfast and thought maybe I was just hungry. As the morning wore on my stomach hurt more and more with shooting pains. I came home for lunch and only managed to eat a bagel and banana. I went back to work and asked to go home and my stomach was still hurting and making weird noises. I didn't each much that day as my stomach was still hurt. Curse you Best Western and your poisoned hamburgers!

I woke up Friday morning and my stomach was still hurting. I didn't have vomiting or diarrhea, but wish I did because then I could puke and get it out of my system and feel better. It was day off, so I still went out and did stuff and tried to ignore my stomach. I ended up spending a bunch of money on a bunch of stuff I don't need. I bought a 19" Samsung widescreen LCD TV and a DVD player for my room. Now I can lay in bed and watch TV and never have to get dressed again. First I had to clean and then re-organize my room so I could wheel in my old TV stand. My room is all full of crap now and I have to try and keep it clean. I bought a HDMI cable to hook up the DVD and TV to give it the best quality AV possible!


That is current set up. I'd like to state that Spider-Man is for Avery, not myself, and was on clearance at Toys'R'Us $10. I probably shouldn't have the TV sitting directly on top of the DVD player, I'll try to remedy that soon. I went and bought another Philips because they're cheap and they play divx, mpeg, and wma files. One problem now is that I have three remotes sitting around, one for my stereo, TV and the DVD player. The stereo and DVD remotes are the same colour and same size and look the same as I've already got them mixed up.


Most of the stuff I've watched on the TV so far has been full screen stuff, like the above image. And if you ID the guy in the picture you win a fabulous prize! Willie might be able to do it, but he doesn't read my blog, so too bad for him. The TV has a 4:3 settings and a few widescreen settings and well as some pre-set display settings. I haven't bothered to mess with the display settings yet. The picture quality looks better than the picture I took leads it to be.


In Calgary this weekend they also opened a new Future Shop in Beacon Hill and all other FS had deals going on to celebrate. The best deal to be had was it was 10% off all movies and music. I went there to get Trailer Park Boys Season 7 anyway, so 10% off was a nice bonus. I also picked up the Sonny Chiba Collection which has six movies in it. I'd like to complain the outside looks nice, but the inside is crap and totally broken! One disc just comes in a paper envelope, its like they made the package and then forgot they had another disc to put inside. I may return it because of the broken case.

Saturday morning I woke up (stomach still hurts!) and then sat in bed watching my new TV. Eventually I got up and we went out and watched Iron Man. I don't think I've been to the theatre since Rambo came out and did I ever miss the nachos. Unfortunately I ended up getting cheese on my shirt.


The movie was pretty good, probably the best Marvel movie to date. Robert Downey Jr really nails Tony Stark and is pretty funny. Most of the Iron Man action takes place at the end, but you don't really notice. As with all Marvel movies Stan Lee makes a cameo and this is his funniest one yet. I know this is a crappy review, but if you want to know more just read all the other positive reviews out there. It's good! The one bad thing is that the credits are way too long to sit through to see the secret scene at the end. No wonder it takes $100 million to make a movie, you gotta pay like 50,000 people to make it. But I won't ruin it for you, unless you want me to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that was a good story.
you shouldn't eat gross food, it is a little ironic though that despite your mission to hunt out sketchy hamburger shops you were brought down at a work function.. damn the man.

nice TV, although I don't condone never getting out of bed again.

and don't worry, nacho cheese probably washes out.